Monday, July 20, 2009

Your advice how to handle this ....

Hi Friends Been awhile since I been here and missed you guys and gals. I sold a consignment doll to a lady in France. Sadly, a $300 doll sold for $20. Thats not the issue. The doll was a Mother aprox 19" and a baby aprox 4". They were seperately wrapped in tissue paper then seperately put inside a plastic bag. I used plastic shopping bags fluffed up in place of noodles to both take up space in the box and protect the dolls. I made sure I used enough fluffed bags compressed to ensure the safety of the dolls. I double boxed and reinforced the corners for strength. I received an email from the customer saying the baby's hand was broken when she opened the package. Nothing else was broken on either doll. She emailed me pictures of the baby and the broken hand. I have my original pictures of the baby and the hand is not damaged. She insists on me sending a rattle that is made of sterling silver like the original and she wants compensation for the broken hand. Then she says the doll was purchased as a gift for her mother who knows this doll well. She will be disappointed if the rattle is not included or the correct one. I guess I am now a full fledged ebayer experiencing this kind of situation. I called the USPS to find out about International Claims. hehehe their computer is down. Go figure! So tell me, what is the best way to handle this situation? Who handles the claim? What is reasonable to satisfy here? And please assume whatever questions Im not asking so you can address them. Maybe this info matter and maybe it doesnt. The doll sold for $20 and the shipping was aprox $35. My listing states the buyer pays to ship the items back. Do I have a leg to stand on or do I take a hit here? My consignment income was $6. I cant afford to take the entire hit here. Thanx All Klyde



Orignal From: Your advice how to handle this ....

No comments:

Post a Comment