Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fast Shipping

I'm continually amazed by the feedback that we receive on our selling ID. Nearly every comment includes phrases such as "Fast shipping", "Really quick ship", "Lightning Fast Shipper", etc. Our shipping DSRs are 4.9 and 4.8 respectively. Many of these comments are from customers in Zone 8. We ship within two business days; and state that on our listings. I consider that to be standard service. Usually, we ship either the same day, or the next business day. The one time we didn't meet our two-day standard, I refunded the buyers shipping cost in full, and sent an email profusely apologizing for the delay. To say they were surprised would be an understatement. Granted, we do include an estimated delivery date in our standard 'Thank You' email. That date depends on the shipping method chosen: 7 days from shipping date for Priority Mail, 14 days for Parcel Post, 2 days for Express Mail, 30 days for First Class International, 14 days for Priority Int'l, and 7 days for Express Int'l. (I chose those times to account for occasional delay experienced in the mail system.) Also, I figure it helps that we are located near the Indianapolis International Airport, which houses the second-largest FedEx sorting center in the U.S.; and the fact that USPS has contracted with FedEx for air delivery of parcels between cities. I have not experienced any major shipping delays in my personal purchases. But, I don't buy high-fraud items either. (You can check my feedback and/or buying history on this ID if you wish.) My experience has been good, except for a few non-deliveries, for which I was refunded by PayPal. My question is this: Do buyers expect slow shipping on eBay? I mean really? I realize that there are a lot of casual sellers here who don't ship everyday. But still, has the expectation become so low that we are able to offer exceptional service, as our standard service. I'm certainly not complaining at all; just wondering what the experience has been of the other fine members of this board?



Orignal From: Fast Shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment