Monday, July 20, 2009

I did not realize it was this bad!!!

I was talking to my neighbor today. I mentioned purchasing the item she was looking for on eBay. I got a dirty look and was told that there are only scammers on eBay. I asked why she thought that. Her son has purchased items from eBay and got broken, incorrect, lower quality substitutes, or did not receive the item at all. So I asked a couple of other neighbors what they thought. All have stopped buying on eBay due to at least one of the above mentioned reasons. Out of the 7 neighbors, not one buys here any longer. Wow!!! The perceived safe buying environment on eBay is gone. No wonder eBay is quick to pull a seller. As a former manager I would be loping off heads if the image of my operation I managed was this bad. At one point in my career with a company I took over the customer service department because of an upswing in complaints.....It got fixed. It wasn't pretty people got reassigned, corrective actions for performance were given, a few lost their jobs. But it needed to be done the bad apples were running the show. They had a rude awakening when I took over the show. I had to look out for the operation as a whole. There were other workers that had nothing to do with the problem that depended on their jobs. I had a responsibility to them to keep them and myself employed. Due to some new policies some of them suffered as well. But I do not regret my decision to fix the problem. I believe eBay was slow to react to the cancer and is acting in the best interest of the buyers. I would. The law of the bad apple. One bad apple spoils the bunch. The reality is this venue needs to clean house. Mediocrity is unacceptable. Yes at some point the I may be the lowest performing seller on eBay but It will not be due to my actions or inaction to a customer. -Jeff



Orignal From: I did not realize it was this bad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment