Sunday, July 26, 2009

international deal with a few red flags.

I have an international buyer that wants something. It is a item and a service. He goes on to say money is no object. (wish I could say that) He has low feedback (1) and has not had an ebay transaction in over 2 years! As far as the item goes, no problem. But about the service, I can bill/invoice him through paypal separately from the item, for the service, as it is not something offered on ebay. Lets say this is a scam, and he files a claim. I know how a dispute for the item works and ends! But I have no idea about how the invoice/payment for the service would come out. Can they file a dispute or charge back against an invoice for a service rendered? I can take the loss of the item, but the service would require time and out of pocket expenses which I can not afford to lose. Buyer is in Canada. I am thinking maybe I should require payment by money order, but I don't know if Canadians can get USPS Money Orders. Any suggestions or advice on the best way to make this deal happen and protect myself at the same time? Thanks in advance for any and all help...



Orignal From: international deal with a few red flags.

No comments:

Post a Comment