Thursday, August 6, 2009

lack of seller protection

Dear eBay While I should know by now that writing will not make any difference, and will only receive and automated response telling my what I already know, I am going to try anyway. It is wonderful that you give buyers so much protection. Unfortunately you give sellers none. Case in point: My ad in question clearly states that the buyer will receive ONE pair of earrings and ONE color matching bracelet in their CHOICE of color. The size of the earrings and bracelet lengths are also in the ad. My ad also states to CONTACT ME if there is a problem. I had a purchase made by a new eBayer with immediate payment. Unfortunately they did not specify their color choice for the ONE set they purchased. I e-mailed them twice requesting their color choice. No response at all. I waited four days and did not want to delay the shipping any longer as I state shipments will be made within one business day. Since this was a new eBayer, silly me, I decided to send TWO sets of bracelets and earrings with a third pair of earrings that would match either set. I thought this would make for a good experience for the new buyer. Needless to say, this was NOT a profit making experience for me. Then, the day the shipment was received (from USPS confirmation) and without any contact from the buyer, I receive a very unpleasant negative feedback stating that they received three pairs of earrings and two bracelets and the bracelets were short. ???????? Yes, I know you with say that my now 99.9% satisfaction rating is still just fine. But it really isn't. I also noticed a sudden large decrease in my DSR's the next morning. It does take 24 hours for DSR's to update. I figured that one out. The lowering of the DSR's DOES hurt me. Yes, I know I can also put in a request for feedback reversal from the buyer, but why do I want to beg someone that obviously could not bother to read what they were buying or have any good graces. Also, feedback reversal would NOT change the hit on my DSR's. It only takes a few buyers like this and I will not be on eBay and there is not a blankety-blank thing I can do about it. Well actually there is. I can post this on my blogs, my own websites and on my free-lance writing forums. Some people will listen. I can also prepare myself to move my sales off of this site as I am really beginning to feel that you do not care about sellers at all. P.S. At one point in time I thought there was some sort of system in place about negative feedback. A window would "pop up" and the buyer would be asked if they had tried to resolve the issue, especially with newer buyers it was a way to help some what. Even though half of the buyers would not pay attention it was something. This probably does not exist anymore.



Orignal From: lack of seller protection

No comments:

Post a Comment