Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Plagarism.......

According to Webster's Plagarize- To take ideas, writings from another and pass off as one's own. As many of you know, I specialize in vintage puppets at my shop www.classicpuppets.com. I pride myself in developing a wonderful selection of TOP quality puppets that are presented with better pictures and better descriptions than my competitors........ I use selling manager and I use templates-so many of my ads use the same phrases-MY phrases-MY words....... It is frustrating to find other sellers copying my ads-not just descriptions-but my words and my phrases exactly. I know that this seller copied and pasted me b/c my distinctive phrase, "this puppet shows it's age a bit but is still VERY cool," appeared in his ad-same words, same font, same capitalize VERY. I understand if another seller has a puppet, doesn't know who it is, finds my puppets and gathers information from my listings and uses that information to write there ad........ But to STEAL my exact words and phrases? To add insult to my injury, this seller botched and hacked their information into my ad with improper spellings and puctuations......improper capitaliztion......... I hope that my customers will not spot that ad and associate it with www.classicpuppets.com in any way shape or form!!! Is there a way to prevent copying and pasteing of my ads? How would I integrate that with selling manager? I use the standard sell your item form from eBay and use the 'sell similar' link to construct new ads........ Thanks for listening....... Kat www.classicpuppets.com


Orignal From: Plagarism.......

No comments:

Post a Comment