Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shipping insurance? Auctiva alternative?

Hello I've had a look for an answer to this through the posts but was unable to find anything really so apologies if there is something already there. As a lot of you will know Auctiva is now charging for their services so I (among others) have decided to "get outta there". One thing I liked about Auctiva though was the shipping insurance they offered. It was an extra little bit of profit on the side which I now won't have. Is there an alternative way to provide insurance for my customers like Auctiva did? I know Auctiva purchased insurance in bulk so could offer cheaper rates. Is there another provider of such a service? Do UPS/FedEx offer insurance in this fashion? I have read on another post that items shipped under $100 are automatically insured. Is that correct? If I wanted to keep a similar model for future listings and sales and offer my customers the ability to purchase insurance when it costs me nothing effectively (if under $100 value statement is true), is that wrong to do that? Anyway, looking forward to your replies and thoughts and hearing how others deal with shipping insurance. Thank you NeoGnosis



Orignal From: Shipping insurance? Auctiva alternative?

No comments:

Post a Comment