Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lesson of the Day: Listing Violations

I just learned a very valuable lesson ladies and gentlemen that I think should be repeated. I, being new to eBay, did not read as much as I should and now have committed my first violation. When I woke up today I was notified that one of my listings had been removed due to trademark violation. At first I did not understand the violation, then I began to read. Uh oh... I see the error in my ways. Turns out that my violation came from copying the manufacturer's description of the product. I had no idea that the description of the product was considered part of the trademark. I should have done more research on this and educated myself better. So, the lesson of the day: Don't copy item descriptions from the manufacturer. You item descriptions must be in your own words. (There are numerous other regulations to follow, but for the topic of this lesson they are not mentioned). Please do your homework guys, and don't make my mistake. Some useful links: Link Link Link Link



Orignal From: Lesson of the Day: Listing Violations

No comments:

Post a Comment