Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I think I am done selling on Ebay.

I just cant continue to sell on Ebay. I can no longer sell without accepting Paypal, that is an additional cost (and risk) that was not required for the longest time here. I used to take US postal money orders, but now I cannot, Ebay is forcing me to use their bank and that is just a way to control sellers. I would often purchase locally to avoid paypal, I would buy and pay cash. Over the last year I have noticed a change in what is available on Ebay around me, many of the smaller sellers have just quit, and I am one. Now with the "Buyer protection" the buyer can make my life much more stressful as a seller, I am not selling on Ebay as a business model, and if I wanted to go into retail and provide money back guarantees I would do just that. I am not going to sell an expensive item only to have a charge back if the item fails or dies, or if the buyer just decided they dont want it and claim damage etc.. And dont get me started on selling overseas with paypal, I will never do that again. Way to easy for a buyer to claim it never arrived and the buyer has to pay out. Im done. Hello "Other sites"


Orignal From: I think I am done selling on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment