Thursday, July 16, 2009

DSR's drop when discounting items

Hi, When the economy went south recently, I decided that it would be a good idea to offer several select items at one penny starting and free shipping. My thinking was that by doing so I could attract a lot of attention and more bids on my other items. Did not happen. What did happen was that even though I was selling often at a loss and giving free shipping my DSR's dropped. It would seem that those who are unwilling to give money are also unwilling to be nice or give good reviews. Do not shed any tears for me, my DSR's were high and are recovering now that I am selling only to better clientile. My thought and worry and warning is for that seller who has suffered low DSR,s and might thing it would help to sell cheap. DON'T DON'T DON'T. Well ok I sell lingerie. Maybe with other items it might be different. I would like to have other thoughts and experiences on this. Is it consistent when you sell low you get low responses? Regards John E.



Orignal From: DSR's drop when discounting items

No comments:

Post a Comment