Friday, September 2, 2011

AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON DATE CODE HELPFUL INFORMATION

WORLD OF VUITTON
LOUIS VUITTON DATE CODES

These date codes are very important to the pieces that LOUIS VUITTON makes. Some people call these serial numbers, but this isn't the case.
The reason they are called date codes, is because they tell you where and when the bag was made.
Date codes are found in all LOUIS VUITTON pieces. In some cases there isn't, some vintage items that were made by FRENCH CO. OR SAKS FIFTH AVENUE don't have date codes.
For a date code there should be 2 letters and 4 numbers. In vintage pieces, they will have 3 numbers then 2 letter, and there is a space inbetween the 3 numbers and 2 letters.
The first two letters of the date code are to tell you where the bag was made. There are many letter gebinations, as for example: SP, TH, AS, etc.
The 4 numbers tell you the month and the year of the item. Say the date code is: 1929, you can't just look at it and say 19 is the month (incorrect) and 29 is the year (incorrect). You actually have to decifer the date code, to find out the month and the year. I don't want to disclose this information, as I don't want the people selling fakes to know how, nor do I want to get into trouble.
Good fakes have date codes, and they sometimes decifer out correctly, so don't count on the date code for an authentication purpose, you have to look at all entire bag to make sure (I wrote a guide on "10 ways to spot a fake louis vuitton", so make sure to refer to that as well).
Most fakes have an incorrect date code. Fake LV factories, uses a fake model number and tries to pass that as a date code. It would have one letter, usually started with an M, then followed by 5 numbers, this is an incorrect date code.
Model Numbers are only found on your store receipt, tags, or in the catalogue.
Most people think that every bag, has its own date code, and another bag can't have the same date code; this is incorrect. As any bag could be made in the same place, same month, and same year. Two different bags can have the same date code. As a Manhattan and a Speedy can have the same date code. If you see two bags that have the same date code, don't assume it's fake.
LOUIS VUITTON uses date codes for their own personal use, so they usually put them in a hard to find place so it is hidden. Then can be in many places, but more than likely in the interior pocket, under a D-ring, under a pocket, etc. Also LOUIS VUITTON likes to switch is up every once in a while; as they will change the location of the date code. I had an AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON BROWN MONOGRAM CABAS MEZZO, and the date code was located underneath the D-ring, then I purchased a brand new one (as it was time:) ), and the date code was located in a different spot. If you see a bag that the date code is another place, again, don't assume it's a fake.

If you are to have any other additional information you would like me to add, please let me know, and I would be more than happy to add this information for you. If you are to see anything that might be inaccurate, please let me know and I will consult another LV professional. This guide is based only on my knowledge and experience.

If you are needing an item authenticated, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to authenticate it for you. I am wanting to start my own authentication business in the future, so I will give you your first authentication for free, then only $1 for every auction listing you would like authenticated.

If you are to have any other questions, problems or concerns, please let me know and I will help you in any way that I can.

Please make sure to check out my AUTHENTIC LOUIS VUITTON, as well as the other guides I have written, to help you authenticate your own future LOUIS VUITTON. Also, please, don't forget to vote for all my guides, as this will help the okay gemunity.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this, and I hope that it has been helpful to you.

Sincerely,
WORLD OF VUITTON

No comments:

Post a Comment