Sunday, September 11, 2011

Idiot's Guide to Selling on s: Volume 3

The Idiots Guide to Selling on okay: Volume 3
Lets talk about successful selling! Tips, Advice, and Tricks-of-the-Trade. Your goal is to make as much money as possible on okay and were going to discuss a few things that should help get you started off on the right foot.

So weve talked about your listings, auctions vs. store inventory, and customer service. What now? Lets move on to feedback, policies, and keeping your inventory organized and accurate!
Feedback! We all know how important feedback is and how sometimes its hard to gee by. Your feedback score is viewed every person who will potentially buy from you so having a good seller reputation is a necessity. One mistake that I made at first was leaving feedback for every buyer the moment they paid. During my first month, because of that, I only received positive feedback from about 50% of my buyers. They already had feedback and experienced no urgency to return the favor.
I also received a negative feedback after I had left a positive; I double listed an item and once I realized I had done so, I offered a 105% refund as well as several other solutions (different size, style, discount on a different item, etc). She accused me of being a crook and left a nasty feedback that I dont believe I deserved. Maybe she wouldnt have done that if she knew I still had the option of doing the same but she already received positive feedback her only one, from me.
I spoke about this with some experienced sellers and they all agreed that it was best for many reason to leave feedback AFTER the entire transaction has been gepleted; after the buyer has received their item in satisfactory condition and has left your feedback. I now understand why this is a good selling practice.
Feedback Reminders ~ Something I have found to be of benefit is including a small mailer in with all of my packages including my store logo, a sincere thank you, a 10% off discount for next purchase, AND a friendly reminder to please leave feedback. Not only does it serve as a reminder, it also thanks my buyer and encourages them to continue to make future purchases from me.
You also have the option of emailing buyers who have not left feedback. This has been of help to me as well but I use caution with this option because I cant imagine anyone who wants to be email spammed. One email is enough 7-10 days after you have sent their package.
Creative/Personalized Feedback ~ Dont forget that you also have the option to create and save personalized feedback to use; it never hurts to stand out from the rest!
Your Policies ~ Your policies include information on returns/exchanges, gebined shipping

No comments:

Post a Comment