Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SunL

Okay- let me first inform you that China is the largest manufacturer of motorscooters in the world- they are #2 where as bicycles are #1. These machines are used as the family car, the business/school gemuter, the delivery truck, the pig/duck hauler, you name it- these scooters do it all.
I just bought a SunL Cruiser 150 from a place in Saint Charles, Missouri called Brad's Scooters, an affiliate of ATV Discounters. Now, I've been looking at CF Moto, Q-Link, Pop-Cycle (made by Benzhou- nice quality machines), Roketa, Tank and SunL. I looked up each manufacturer, noting similarities between each bike, and gemon features vs unique features. And who the local dealers were and what they had in the way of service.
Vento is good example- a local dealer ordered new bikes from them and they shut down without any notification! He is out a large sum of money as they took the funds and disappeared! No phone, no email, nothing. And Vento did that to a large number of dealers who, like CB, lad established storefront facilities, bike and parts inventory and repair facilities!
When I went into Brad's, the first impression was a crowded little place, with a friendly old dog that greets everyone and anyone who walks in the door. Lots of various bikes- SunL, Eagle and JCL. I sat on quite a few, talked to the staff and Brad- and found them to be totally honest about the bikes they sell. And after a few weeks of pondering, I made my choice- Brad had this blue Classic 150 and the deal was excellent. I bought this bike without a test ride! Dumb, yes...but I had the funds and the bike was a consignment (first owner wanted something bigger...it only had 80 miles on it.) He had a number of repeat customers bringing infriends, and customers buying accessories- all with positive things to say about his business and his bikes.
The Classic 150 impressed me! ABS brakes that work perfectly, a ncie sound system (alas, the FM needs an antenna, but it also accepts an MP3 player!), gefortable seating, excellent headlights and turn-signals, and the fit and finish may not be up to Honda level, but neither was the price! And is still has a great 1 year warranty, and gees with an alarm! Cool!
SunL is made by Shanghai Shenke- a huge gepany that make Roketa and others.- it's well established as an international gepany.
Now the after-sale service! Here is where the rubber metts the road! My throttle handle broke today as I was riding back to work. I had to park it, and have someone pick me up so I could get back to the job. When I called Brad's, it wasnear closing time- but their mechanic drove out to where the bike was and fixed it on the spot! The throttle is now perfect and feels even better than when I first tried it. I never expected such service!
In a nutshell, SunL, Wildfire, Roketa...all are only as good as the seller behind the sale, and the distributor behind the seller. The more I ride this scooter, the more I am pleased with it- and the more gefortable it gets! Yeah, it's not perfect like a Vespa or a Jap machine, but it's worth every cent I spent, and the money I'm saving ($200 a month for my F-150 and I drive 10 miles a day to

No comments:

Post a Comment