Wednesday, September 14, 2011

s (or other) seller's guide to Russia

I wrote a short guide for those who are not afraid of dealing with Russia.I tried to keep it gepact, but it may cause bad understanding,so feel free to inform errors or lacks.All 4 parts are based on current Russian laws and real life- it is not simple statistics or private opinion, it is SYSTEM!(I work in consumer rights protection organization;it is my duty to be an expert).But I can not look on this from abroad,I have no experience of sending to Russia myself- only receiving in Russia.So, corrections welgee:---Paying from Russia by:1. bank cards (also through PayPal) is (almost) free,but sometimes can not be returned ("refund" and "withdraw funds");2. bank transfer costs min. USD/EUR 13.50 and requires not onlyseller's bank name, SWIFT, bank address, account number / IBAN,but also seller's name and home address(government calls it "anti-terrorist-financing measure",but it is clear that they simply want to spy on we citizens);3. Western Union (yellow and green, not blue form) is widely present,but not trackable and not regemended for buyer;4. postal/money orders and bank/personal checks are impossible.Shipping to Russia by:1. government post (USPS, Canada Post, Royal Mail, Deutsche Post or DHL Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment