Friday, September 2, 2011

Make a Towel Wedding Cake Bridal Shower Gift




Wedding Cake Made of Towels
Most brides have towels on their gift registry and this is a wonderful way to present them. The colors can be coordinated to go with the wedding theme and colors.
I made this for my nieces bridal shower and it was the hit of the shower. She used it as a centerpiece and told me she cried when taking it apart to use the towels.
This is easy to make and the bride to be will love the personalized touch!
Step 1. Roll the Towels
Fold each hand towel in half lengthwise twice. Start with one end and roll the towels together. Set aside. Repeat this process with the wash cloths. Fold each bath towel in half lengthwise and repeat the folding until the width of the towel is roughly 6". Roll the two towels together in the same way as the hand towels. You should now have the three layers of the cake.
Step 2. Assembling The Layers
I used large wide rubber bands to hold each individual layer together for ease of handling. To decorate choose ribbon in colors that coordinate with the towels or wedding colors. My niece had requested purple towels so I selected a wide white ribbon adorned with pearls. Cut the ribbon into 60", 40" and 30" lengths. Tie the large piece around the bath towels layer and repeat for the other two cake layers. When geplete, stack the cake layers starting with the largest layer at the bottom. I used small pins to hold the layers in place. If you do use pins try to place them through the tags on the towels not the towels themselves.
Step 3.
This is the fun part! Use your imagination and decorate with silk flowers, fall leaves or wedding bells. I placed the cake on a footed cake plate for presentation.



I took the time to write this review to try and help fellow okayers learn how to make this amazing gift. Thanks for taking the time to read it.
If you found this review helpful please vote yes at the bottom of the page and feel free to check out my other reviews. Thanks!
If there is something I didn't mention you would like to know or any other information I could include to make this guide more helpful please feel free to email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment