Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fee Avoidance the good the bad and the ugly

As a seller on Ebay since the beginning I can tell you I have seen just about every incarnation of the sales model, I have seen ebay go through many changes as well sellers and buyers have changed over the years, however, the one thing that I have never participated in is fee avoidance. Fee avoidance If some of you do not know is the practice of avoiding Ebay fees by offering to do business outside the ebay business model this also includes shifting the cost of the item to the shipping of the item, for instance you would not list a Blue ray DVD player for a buy it now price of $2.00 and the shipping be $275.00 That would be fee avoidance. Yet you still see even accomplished sellers do this, When I see this type of behavior I will not as a buyer purchase anything from that seller. Excessive shipping fees is a way of creating Fee avoidance and should not be tolerated. Most recently I ran across an auction from a big seller and after making a purchase I found that the shipping was ten thousand percent of the selling price. I find that to be Evil, now I do not mind paying an average shipping cost but I refuse to pay any shipping cost that is so large as to shift the cost of the item to shipping for the purpose of evading ebay fees that is just plain wrong. I realize some will certainly view this differently and you are entitled to your opinion, but as far as building an ebay business this is not the way to do it you will sell more if your shipping fees are moderate and fair than if you try to take advantage of a buyer in this way.


Orignal From: Fee Avoidance the good the bad and the ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment