Friday, September 11, 2009

Ducks in a row...

I have several sources of goods to market and a strong desire to sell on ebay. I am concerned about the following: Shipping: what is the best way to ship? USPS, UPS, etc. what level of service do most customers expect? next day, ground, etc. How important is cost? Ebay pushes "incentivises" "free" shipping from the seller, which means sellers absorb the cost. Anyone know what percent of sellers offer that? I don't plan on profiting from shipping, but why should I eat it? Those that have been doing this for a while have elaborate, sophisticated listings, stores, websites and many features. They have lower costs (powersellers) and a support network. I know, I know that sounds like whiny, crybaby stuff, but they also have automated responses to customers, and so much more. Does a simple, easy-going guy like me have a chance to compete? I can barely figure out how to make a listing. OK, I can do more than that, but still, it is very daunting. I would love to speak to an experienced ebayer, maybe 5 minutes, no more, just to see what the possibilities are (and the risks). As I read more and more about ebay selling I feel overwhelmed. Thanks, Bruce in Nebraska


Orignal From: Ducks in a row...

No comments:

Post a Comment