Thursday, October 8, 2009

Buyer states that item was broken

Buyer purchased item 270451834765 from me and I sent it to her Priority Mail. A week after she receives it she emailed me to tell me that the modem will not power on, and she's tried everything. I sent this in working condition to her, so I'm suspicious. I told her I would refund her money, and to mail it back to me. I think she has had buyer's remorse but hopefully she didn't break the modem in order to return it. Which leads me to rethink how I am handling returns. I accept returns on new and used merchandise for 30 days. Its pointless not to, the buyer can always dispute the purchase and I'd end up losing anyways, and so far out of 100 items sold I have not yet had a return until now. I have not yet received the modem back from her. In my listing I state that I will pay the shipping on the returned merchandise. I'm also rethinking that policy but I want to instill confidence and peace of mind to my buyers so that they know they can return merchandise without a hassle. If the modem is in fact broken then I'm out a hundred bucks. Did I handle this situation appropriately, and would you do anything different?


Orignal From: Buyer states that item was broken

No comments:

Post a Comment